What is a Non Surgical Face Lift?
The term “nonsurgical face lift” can be confusing because many physicians use the term to describe something that is really a surgical procedure. For instance, in the list below many of the procedures require some degree of “surgery” or surgical skills.
- Natural fat injections using the patient’s own fat to fill areas, giving a more youthful appearance.
- Injecting other off-the-shelf “fillers” such as Juvederm.
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) injections (usually mixed with your natural fat), using a real PRP machine to process your cells, not just some centrifuge.
- Dissolving localized fat with a series of treatments 3-6 weeks apart using an injection of medicine and a specially designed external ultrasound machine.
- Real laser treatments to the face, neck, and upper chest to remove sun damage and wrinkles and to give the skin a refreshed and rejuvenated look.
- Light laser and “laserabrasion” treatments to the face, neck, and upper chest, designed for those that need a “real” laser treatment, but want to return to activities within 2-4 days.
- Performing SmartLipo of the neck or face (which is really a surgical procedure).
Nonsurgical procedures can complement and enhance surgery, delay the need for surgery, or in some cases accomplish what surgery cannot do. But they cannot replace surgery. For many people especially those with significant excess fat, excess skin, weak muscles, or sun damaged skin, there are no “nonsurgical” or “minimally invasive” options currently available that can replace a face lift.
Think of your skin as a pair of pants. Nonsurgical treatments are the equivalent of washing pants in hot water and ironing them or fluffing them up. Nonsurgical options fill up, shrink, and smooth your skin. Surgery is like hemming your pants-nothing you do is going to make your pants 3 inches shorter unless you hem them.
Call us to schedule your free consultation, and at that time Dr. Taylor will be glad to discuss the various options and surgical choices that are best for you.